In the summer time—the perfect time to be outdoors and cooking on the grill! People are always asking us at The Stocked Pot and Company Cooking School and Culinary Team Building for tips on cooking fish on the grill because fish has a reputation for being difficult to grill. Just the opposite! With the tips we have listed below you will feel confident in no time and will be enjoying one of the healthiest and most delicious foods you can prepare.
- Allow your fish to set first to bring up to room temperature before season and oiling it—this helps eliminate the possibility of sticking
- A general rule of thumb is that for each inch of fish you allow eight to ten minutes of grill time. So if you have a one inch fish, each side should be grilled for about 4 mins.
- Only flip the fish once while grilling—repeatedly turning and flipping will increase the chance of the fish breaking apart on the grill.
- The hardest part of grilling fish is knowing when it’s done. This is generally the trickiest part of grilling, but don’t worry. When fish is cooked the meat will flake easily with a fork and will appear opaque all the way through. If any part of the meat is still glossy and partially translucent then it’s not done
- When the fish is ready, slide your spatula in between the area where the grill grate and flesh meet.
- If the fish was grilled skin off, do not force the piece of fish off the grill. Be patient and allow your fish to naturally release itself from the cooking grate—this is the indicator that the fish is done.
- Always remember to grill with your lid down—each time you open the lid you add additional cooking time.
- Also keep some fresh lemon juice and maybe some melted butter handy while you are grilling. You can brush this on as you grill to add flavor and keep the fish moist. (Plus, you can impress your guests with the steam and sizzle it generates!)
Use our recipe and our grill tips and you will be grilling up a wonderful dinner for even the pickiest seafood lover at your table!
Thank you for considering using our services. Please call or send us email and tell us about your cooking event or ask a question.
The Stocked Pot Cooking and Company Cooking School and Culinary Team Building Events serves the entire Piedmont Triad area; Winston Salem, Greensboro and High Point, including Charlotte, Chapel Hill, Raleigh and all surrounding cities. The Stocked Pot and Company Cooking School and Culinary Team Building Event serves the entire state of North Carolina, including Southern Virginia and Northern South Carolina. Contact us by calling 336-499-5844, or email at TheStockedPot@gmail.com or use our contact us form at http://www.funculinaryteambuilding.com/contact/
The Stocked Pot & Company is a Piedmont Triad culinary event planning company specializing in culinary team building events, culinary cooking parties, culinary cooking school and catering by the Piedmont Triad’s and North Carolina’s Premier Caterer, Catering by Simple Elegance.
The Stocked Pot & Company
381 Jonestown Rd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
353 Jonestown Road, Suite 157
Winston-Salem, NC 27104