Souvlaki Recipe Greek Food
- 1 Lemon 1 lemon, zested with the juice
- 1 TeaSpoon dried oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 lb beef Ribeye Steak beef Ribeye Steak, cut into large cubes or you can use Chicken Breast
- 1 bell pepper pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 Onion Onion, cut into ½ cubes
- Cooking spray
- Tzatziki Sauce
- Pita bread
- 1 lemon sliced sliced
- To prepare souvlaki, combine the first 6 ingredients in a sealable plastic bag; seal and shake to combine.
- Add beef to bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Marinate beef in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove beef from bag, discard marinade.
- Thread the beef, onion and bell peppers, alternately onto each of 4 (8-inch) skewers.
- Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add skewers; cook 8 minutes or until beef is done.
- Serve the tzatziki sauce with souvlaki, and pita bread